ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience with the self-storage unit

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

emma101
Newly Registered
Canada

Experience with the self-storage unit

Post by emma101 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:15 am

Hi guys, I arrived in Canada last week. I'm an engineering student and searching for a job. Now I'm staying with my friend. I would like to move to another city as there are more job opportunities for freshers. My friend arranged a room there, but I'm concerned about my belongings. I have to go out frequently to inquire about job vacancies. My friend told me there are many self-storage units available in every city to store valuables. He also doesn't have any experience. Is it safe to keep my belongings there? Please let me know if anyone has experience with the self-storage unit.

Jimko8
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Experience with the self-storage unit

Post by Jimko8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:46 am

Some storage facilities disclaim responsibility for contents. Make sure it' covers that responsiblity while choosing one.

emma101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by emma101 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:22 am

Hey, Thank you for your reply, you told the truth. We've searched over the internet for a secured self-storage unit to make the right decision. We realized that some companies don't provide insurance for our belongings, so how can we safely keep our valuables there? After much research, we've found a safe storage place that offers insurance to our belongings and saw many reviews of people who got the help of the storage units. So I'm gonna contact them soon.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Peter B Howard
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Peter B Howard » Thu May 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Hey there,
I came across the similar requirement when i was moving out of Canada for couple of years to France . I got across the self storage units at that time and was a bit skeptical too to use them , but had no choice . I had lot of stuff which i couldn't just sell off , as i was always returning . If you get in touch with real professionals in self storage systems , they will get it done , just the way you need it , plus at the choice of your security needs and investment.