ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Friend From U.S. to Visit Canada?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eo_guy
Newly Registered

Friend From U.S. to Visit Canada?

Post by eo_guy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:44 am

My friend lives in the U.S. as a legal citizen but he wants to come visit me in Canada. The thing is, his mother had him while she was visiting Mexico (where she's from). Apparently this complicates matters and means he is (or was) unable to leave the United States. So he's not sure when, or if, he can visit. Being a Canadian I'm quite unfamiliar with these issues. Does anyone have any insight as to where I can look for more information?

darko

Post by darko » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:29 pm

I am not an expert in this, but .... what in the world is LEGAL citizen:)? Are you saying some of us are illegal citizens?

Is he US citizen? Then I don't see any problem ...even if he is green card holder he can enter Canada without visa...

eo_guy
Newly Registered

Post by eo_guy » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:32 am

He's not a U.S. citizen. He's legally there however, he has a government issued ID number that allows him to legally work and pay taxes though...

darko

Post by darko » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:05 am

What status is he in?
H1B?
What kind card are you talking about?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:00 pm

eo_guy wrote:He's not a U.S. citizen. He's legally there however, he has a government issued ID number that allows him to legally work and pay taxes though...
Easiest way to get a response is if you tell us:

1. His/her citizenship - I presume Mexican since his mum (Mexican) gave birth to him whilst visiting Mexico.

2. What his US immigration status is - he/she should have a white card known as an I-94..it will have an alphabetical class of admission (I am assuming there was an inspection into the US). I am basing this on the fact that he/she is not a US citizen nor a green card holder.