ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting cold feet; immigration and financial planning

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lionsnest
Newly Registered
Canada

Getting cold feet; immigration and financial planning

Post by lionsnest » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 am

Dear friends,

I would really appreciate your advise on developing a game plan / proper perspective for immigrating to Canada. This primarily concerns the financial planning side and achieving a balanced and secure financial position.

I had lived in Canada for close to 10 years, and graduated from university there. Now, I am married with 3 kids, 12, 10 and 5, and planning to return after 20 years. Career wise and financially, I am doing well in my current position, however, I am not a professional per se such as a doctor/technician/engineer with respect to comparability with demand on the job market. My background has been mostly in business and investment consulting and business operations. Ultimately, I intend to set up my own business.

Specifically, I would be grateful to know in your view what are the stages involved from the point you enter Canada to the point you feel secure with the setup you have created for yourself and you start seeing results of it? How should I be approaching each of those stages and setting expectations? From financial point of view, what sort of savings do I need to have in order to put myself on a safe side during the settling in and adjustment period and be able to properly execute my plans. I know the issues raised are a tall order, but any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
PA