ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting international skilled trades person qualification ce

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jbeddoes
Newly Registered

Getting international skilled trades person qualification ce

Post by jbeddoes » Tue May 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are looking to apply to immigrate to Canada from the UK in a few years, and i am currently looking up in advance what we need to do in order to get the best chance of having our application approved.

My husband is a carpenter and so we are able to apply under the federal skilled trades class.He has completed a 3 year diploma for carpentry and joinery in the UK and will have enough work experience when we go to apply. However on the application it says his certificate of qualification must be issued by a Canadian province/territory responsible for apprenticeship,training and certification in which i found is the ITA for British Columbia.

I know ITA offer you to challenge the provincial red seal certification exam, however this is based just on work experience not on training or existing certification and also it says that a exam will have to be taken in the province will have to be taken ,does that mean he will have to travel and do exam there?

Is there any other ways to get his qualification certified as very confused with the process at the moments so any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!! Smiley