ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am a permanent resident, how can I bring my girlfriend?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

victorA
Newly Registered

I am a permanent resident, how can I bring my girlfriend?

Post by victorA » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi!

I'm Victor, my family and I are permanent residents of Canada. For the moment, I'm still in Belgium to finish my physiotherapy degree, in June/July I will move to Canada.

I have had a girlfriend for over 4 years, and we plan on building a future together. It is, however, not easy to find out which is the best way to bring her to Canada.

She has graduated from a university level physiotherapy education in Belgium. (we are preparing to have her credentials assessed, so that her degree would be useable in Canada)
We haven't really lived together in those 4 years as a couple. We are roommates in University, but that's not our official home. So I don't know whether we could qualify as 'Common-Law'-partners.

My question: Does anybody know the best way to make sure she can come live with me in Canada?

I had some ideas myself, but I don't know if they're possible:
- Get a work permit for a year, but she has no work experience, as she is currently doing an extra degree. During this year we could live together and thus qualify as common-law partners, so I can sponsor her.

I hope someone can offer some help or insight. It would be appreciated an awful lot!

Thank you so much already!

Kind Regards,

Victor.