ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS for spouse - FSW Application ?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saga

IELTS for spouse - FSW Application ?

Post by Saga » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi all,

I am the principal applicant in FSW application, Is my spouse required to take the IELTS test?

I know I can claim 5points for that in adaptability section but I think I can pass the 67 mark without those 5 points. I haven't seen any thing in the guide making it IELTS a requirement for the accompanying spouse.

Am I right?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 pm

English language requirement only for principal applicant, as point score is based on principal applicant and not on spouse, hence spouse does not need IELTS or to prove English proficiency.

inspired
Newly Registered

Post by inspired » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:29 am

It depends on the country. When it comes to spousal visa, your wife needs to take the General Training module in the IELTS. You can refer to the agency of your choice or the immigration department of your country.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Spouse only needs IELTS if you wish to claim 5 points for spouse adaptability.

Taylorfug
Newly Registered

fashion

Post by Taylorfug » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:35 am

Excellent weblog here! Additionally your site so much up fast!|thanks for putting up.
You have noted very interesting points! ps decent web site. <a href="http://youniquemascara.blogspot.com/p/3.html">younique make up</a>