ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Process

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Minnie
Newly Registered

Immigration Process

Post by Minnie » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:49 am

[b]Please can you help me with this question. Once your application has been successful how long do you have before you have to take up the offer to immigrate to Canada? [/b]

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:05 pm

You must enter Canada before the expiry date on your immigrant visa/ confirmation of permanent residence. This is either 1 year from the date of your medical or to the validity of your passport whichever is the shorter.

faraz198
Newly Registered

Application Re-open

Post by faraz198 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:57 am

Dear Concerned,

I did apply for Canadian immigration in 1999 through a SUN Consultancy. i placed immi. application at Colombo visa office. i got an interview call on 22 May 02. But due to some worst circumstances i could not report on the said date and my case is closed at the same status.

now i want my case re-opened and also i want to handel it myself regardless of SUN Cons.
Kindly provide me info about how can i do this all

Your earlier response will be highly obliged.

Sincerely,
Mian Ahmad Faraz
faraz98@hotmail.com

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:39 pm

Have you contacted the Can Consulate? If so, what was their response?

faraz198
Newly Registered

Post by faraz198 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:18 am

No sir, i have not yet asked the visa office... actually i found this channel(Forum) so i prefered to take this matter on Forum.

can u help me in this regard.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:56 pm

I would begin with the source; whatever we say here will not be as good (valid) as what you hear from them.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Hi,

First thing is did u updated the colombo embassy that u are not going to attend the interview. Usually u have two chances to ask to schedule the interview. What i suggest is visit the canadian site and do the evaluation whether u meet the criteria or not

http://www.cic.gc.ca

Secondly also send a letter/Fax to CHC, Colombo asking is there any chance that ur file can be opened and get an update. If they already closed the case, SUN should have got the rejection letter from CHC, colombo.

I hope this will help

Regards

Ali