ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is tourist visa for canada valid in cancelled Indian pasport

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rabinder123
Newly Registered

Is tourist visa for canada valid in cancelled Indian pasport

Post by Rabinder123 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 pm

My mum has a multiple entry tourist visa for Canada in her old indian passport (she has indefinate leave to remain in uk).

The visa expiry date is Feb 2017.........but the visa is in her iold passport that is now cancelled....can she still to travel to Canada and be assured entry or would she need to apply for a new visa in her new passport?

I have searched everywhere on canadian government website but can not find any information re this.

Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Is tourist visa for canada valid in cancelled Indian pas

Post by member » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:14 am

Rabinder123 wrote:My mum has a multiple entry tourist visa for Canada in her old indian passport (she has indefinate leave to remain in uk).

The visa expiry date is Feb 2017.........but the visa is in her iold passport that is now cancelled....can she still to travel to Canada and be assured entry or would she need to apply for a new visa in her new passport?

I have searched everywhere on canadian government website but can not find any information re this.

Thanks
How did her visa get cancelled?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:43 am

member wrote:
Rabinder123 wrote:My mum has a multiple entry tourist visa for Canada in her old indian passport (she has indefinate leave to remain in uk).

Thanks
Old passport is cancelled due to passport renewal. OP has not said the visit visa has been cancelled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 am

CR001 wrote:
member wrote:

Thanks
Old passport is cancelled due to passport renewal. OP has not said the visit visa has been cancelled.
".........but the visa is in her iold passport that is now cancelled...."

Did I misunderstand what was written?

Rabinder123
Newly Registered

Post by Rabinder123 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm

My mums old passport that had the Canadian visa in it was cancelled as the passport was replaced for a new one last year.