ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of past employment - need your opinion especially my Aussie fellows

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fissler
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Letter of past employment - need your opinion especially my Aussie fellows

Post by fissler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 am

Hi guys,

I am in the process of collecting letters of employment from my previous employers for the eligible period (i.e. 10 years).

Below is a summary of requirements for LOE from CIC:
  • Name
    Job title
    Employment dates
    Salary
    Full-time capacity (or part-time for some people)
    Number of working hours in a week (e.g. 37.5 hours)
    Employer details (e.g. name and address)
    LOE with a letterhead
    Summary of duties/responsibilities
    Signature from the manager at the time of employment
I have just started calling HR department from my past employers. As it's quite a standard letter (and process), with established companies in Australia, they usually just provide a letter of employment based on a standard template which doesn't necessarily cover everything in the list above (e.g. number of working hours, duties and signature from managers in the list).

I would like to ask if any of you guys have had/or having the same issue/experience. It would be great if you can share how you went with your application or any other insights you'd like to share especially from my Aussie fellows or people that had to request LOE from Australian employers.

Anything is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.