ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage for immigrant

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DonaldRStewart
Newly Registered

Mortgage for immigrant

Post by DonaldRStewart » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:51 am

Hi,
I recently moved to Canada with my family. Recently means about six months ago. And I am really liking this country. As of now, my financial status is good. I am currently living in a rented flat. And I am thinking about buying a house. Even though my financial status is stable I don't have enough money to buy a house without a mortgage. I don't have any understanding about the mortgage rules of this country. I read a lot of stuff about this but wasn't able to understand them fully. So I am here to clear my doubts.
What are procedures for an immigrant to apply for a mortgage? Will my credit score at home be considered in the application? If not, what are the criteria for an immigrant to be eligible for a mortgage? What is the highest lowest amount of down payment I have to pay? Also, I have been searching for weblink removed by moderator (That is where I am living currently) and I found the one in the link. How is their service? If anybody has experience with their service, please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mortgage for immigrant

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:13 am

Kindly refrain from posting weblinks to companies on the forum. This is not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.