ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move to another Country after submission?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Canada x2
Newly Registered

Move to another Country after submission?

Post by Canada x2 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding my application:

(1) I sent my application from the US to Buffalo in October and have a receipt notice dated November 2007. I am currently on an H1-B visa in the US. What if I moved to Europe while my application is processed in Buffalo? Can I submit a change of address with an address outside the US to Buffalo? Will they still contact me?

What about medicals and interview?

(2) My current passport expires July 2007. What if I get approved and I have a new passport? Will they still issue a visa?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Canada x2

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:03 pm

1. You can submit a change of address and the visa office will correspond with you on the same - see point 3 though.

2. If interview required you will have one in the US. The Canadians will not get involved in any applications for a US visa if you need one. If you are unable to attend the interview do to not obtaining a visa your file will be closed. Medicals can be with an designated medical practioner (list of approved medics on CIC's list). They are pretty much in every country.

3. Submit both passports is best so they can match them as belonging to the same applicant. They will affix visa to current passport. AFAIK the visa offices in the US will not mail a passport to other than a US address. Likewise some countries do not allow their passports to be mailed across international borders e.g. India. For this reason most people moving from the US during their application retain a friend/ relative address as a correspondence address.

dragon
Newly Registered

Post by dragon » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:26 pm

You may appoint an US immgration agent/attorney so that you can always have a US address.

Canada x2
Newly Registered

Entry as Visitor with H1B

Post by Canada x2 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi,

I am planning to leave the country and work in Europe for a while. I do have a valid H1B in my passport, but would not be working (or living) in the US any longer.

Can I re-enter the US for a week or two with a visitor visa (a few months after I leave)? My new passport will not have the H1B stamp, but I am sure immigration has my information from previous entries. I want to avoid any "dual intent" issues where they might think I will be trying to work again in the US, which I would not at all at that point.

Thanks for your advice.