ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Canada!

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Missy
Newly Registered

Moving to Canada!

Post by Missy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:42 am

Hi,

Next year I'm going to study in Canada (I live in the United States). I am going to do a three year bachelor degree program there. I think I understand the process for the most part - but let me make sure. I need to send my letter of acceptance and paperwork to a Canadian embassy in my country. I also read that you can apply at the Canadian Port of Entry. Which do you suggest? Then, I bring all appropriate paperwork and my passport and show them that I can support myself, etc., and then I can go into Canada. Am I right so far? I am a little confused of who exactly I should send my letter of acceptance and other information to though. Also, I would like to become a citizen of Canada eventually. I know it takes 3 (or maybe 4?) years of living and working in Canada to get citizenship, and I'm wondering if being there for study counts. Is it easy to find work in Canada after I graduate? What is something good to study to be accepted there? Also, I am married, and am wondering if my husband can work while I'm in college. Thank you so much.