ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Open Work Permit for spouse of Full Time Masters International Student

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shobhan90
Newly Registered
India

Open Work Permit for spouse of Full Time Masters International Student

Post by shobhan90 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello everyone,
My wife got admission offer for her Masters in Civil engineering Full Time 1 year Program. I have Bachelor of Engineering degree in IT with 5yrs work exp. We both want to settle in Canada. We are Indian Citizen. Now I have few questions.

1. We are processing our ECA via WES as per the requirement of PR and also planning to appear for IELTS general. Whether this has negative impact for her student permit approval and my open work permit approval? As we are already doing ECA and we intend to have PR (but not applied yet), does it anyway hamper our visa , her student visa and my owp ? We are married for 2 years now. She has a property (Flat) in her name in India.

2. I will be her dependent as per visa application. Currently I have a housing loan outstanding of Rs.10lakhs. The property is in my name. I also have liquid money about 8 lakhs. Do I have to present my financial statement for my owp visa? Also I would like to add that my wife is taking Educational loan and she has about 10lakhs liquid money. So in this situation do I need to clear my housing loan outstanding before applying for visa ? What are the chances of our visa getting approved?

3. Her studies begin in September 2018. When we should apply for our visa? We want to enter canada together.