ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Application - Education / Personal History Sections

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Berty
Newly Registered

PR Application - Education / Personal History Sections

Post by Berty » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi,

I'd be very grateful for some advice. I am in the process of filling out my permanent residence application and have the following questions - Can anybody help?

1. Under the Personal History section, the instruction is not to leave any gaps in time. I have been working for the past ten years, except in 2015, when I was mainly traveling abroad, to numerous countries. Would it be acceptable for this section to say that from Feb 2015 to Dec 2015, I was unemployed, and state that my activity was foreign travel for leisure purposes? The only thing is, I am asked to state which country I was based in - my permanent address was England - but I wasn't actually there as I was traveling. It's as though the form isn't designed for somebody who has spent some time traveling abroad. The alternative would be to put all of the individual countries I visited in one by one, but this would duplicate the next section where I have to describe which countries I have been to in the past ten years. And would take ages.

2. In the education section, I only put down my higher education in the Express Entry application and got a high score for this at that stage. Is it ok to just use this again, or do I have to include my high school stuff as well? I see none of the qualifications for secondary education sound like what we have in England...

Many thanks

Rob