ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Times

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

canvis2004
Newly Registered

Processing Times

Post by canvis2004 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:57 pm

Hi everyone.

I am planning to apply for canadian PR this year. I am just finishing my study in Canada in about 2 months.
Should I apply from Buffalo or from Islamabad? I already have secured an HRDC confirmed arranged employment offer by a local company.
I heard that Buffalo is taking about 1.5 years to process a case.Their assessment is one year behind, so this is march 2004 and they are assessing march 2003 applications at this time.
I don't know about Islamabad but their website says it takes 12 months for skilled worker applicants who have an hrdc confirmation.

Any replies would be appreciated. 8)

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:36 pm

Applicants must submit their application at the Canadian dipomatic post serving their country of nationality or country where they have been lawfully admitted for 12 months or more. You can submit your application at Buffalo or Islamabad. Check the Buffalo site to see their processing times for those holding HRDC confirmation and compare such to Islamabad's 12 mths. Overall expect processing times to be between 12-24 months depending on whether or not you get an interview waiver and level of background security checks based on the countries you have lived in since the age of 16.

However if you are required to attend an interview this will be held in the US and you therefore must get a US Visa if you are a Pakistani national as it appears - if you fail to get a US visa then no interview and hence no Canadian immigrant visa. Canadian authorities will not be involved in your seeking a US visa to facilitate an interview at the relevant Canadian Consulate in the U.S. - Applying to Islamabad therefore covers such a situation. Further you need to maintain legal status in Canada throughout the processing of your PR application.

A question on your job - is this under the post graduation permit for 1 year?

canvis2004
Newly Registered

PR application

Post by canvis2004 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:36 am

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the job, it is one which supports my application for PR.I cannot get a work permit with that confirmation.

For the post graduate work permit, I have arranged a job in my field (I.T.) for getting the 1 year work experience after graduation( which is HRDC exempt.)

After graduation, I would only be lacking the 1-year work experience.
I am giving my IELTS test next month.
I want to know if I should apply for PR when i start my job under the
post graduate work permit? Or should i wait until i finish my first year on the job. Because I believe that I can get over 67 points even without the 1 year work experience..

any replies will be appreciated.
Thanks.