ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quebec immigration

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

worriedman
Newly Registered

quebec immigration

Post by worriedman » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:39 pm

After 2 and half years I got last year clearance from Quebec. But after that I applied for Federal application in London.

a) What is the time line for such cases in LOndon consulate who are already selected by Quebec.

b) Further due to inordinate delay in the process, I decided to get married last week(I cant keep waiting for the canadian immigration, its already so long!). NOw what is the immigration process after that?
1) Is my Quebec immigration still valid?
2) How can I apply for my wife in the same application.
3) do I need to inform both quebec and Federal consulate of canada?

I hope some one will assist me. I hired a lawyer in Canada..but I guess since they took all the money from me after I got selected By Quebec, they are no more interested in my case and even dont reply to my email!

I can't affort to get another lawyer.

Many thanks to any one who might assist me.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:35 pm

After 2 and half years I got last year clearance from Quebec. But after that I applied for Federal application in London.
Consistent advise is that you should never have Quebec and Federal applications runniing concurrently - it just confuses the whole process.
a) What is the time line for such cases in London consulate who are already selected by Quebec.
Family class 1 - spouses, common law, conjugal and dependent children - 6 to 12 mths.

Family class 2 - parents, grandparents, nepwhews etc - 24 months

Skilled workers - 12 to 24 months.
b) Further due to inordinate delay in the process, I decided to get married last week(I cant keep waiting for the canadian immigration, its already so long!). NOw what is the immigration process after that?
Your application was a single applicant - now that you are married you need to include your spouse in the application in line with the requirement to update the visa office of relevant fact.
1) Is my Quebec immigration still valid?
No the CSQ is no longer valid - see above.
2)How can I apply for my wife in the same application.
Notify the Quebec authorities for the CSQ and the relevant visa office in writing of your marriage and await for further instructions.
3) do I need to inform both quebec and Federal consulate of canada?

Yes
I hope some one will assist me. I hired a lawyer in Canada..but I guess since they took all the money from me after I got selected By Quebec, they are no more interested in my case and even dont reply to my email!
You need to notify CIC in writing that the lawyer is no longer acting for you - if you don't do this communication in regards to your application will continue to be sent to them.

You may also wish to review my post to desidreaman on the issues arising from marriage before landing.