ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should baby be present when applying for passport?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Faar23
Newly Registered

should baby be present when applying for passport?

Post by Faar23 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:15 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in UK but I do hold Canadian citizenship. My husband has ILR but no Canadian citizenship yet. We had a baby a month ago and we are going to apply for her Canadian passport soon.

I have not applied for her Canadian citizenship yet but I will be able to get a temporary passport for her. I know all this because it was the same situation for my older child who is 3 now and she was given a temporary passport.

Anyway my question is do I have to take the new baby all the way to the Canadian embassy to apply for her passport? Or can her father go by himself? I remember for my older child I took her to the embassy and it was a horrible trip for her because the tube is not buggy/child friendly. It is also extremely hot now so that's why I am wondering if her presence is required?