Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statute of limitations on PR card renewal?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crispy

Statute of limitations on PR card renewal?

Post by crispy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:12 pm

Salut!

I am a PR of Canada (skilled worker) currently living in the UK with my Canadian wife.

My PR card has been expired for a while. I understand that I must apply for a PR travel document to return to Canada and then apply to renew my card from within.

Is there a statute of limitations on this? I know I should come back to sort this out but life in the UK marches on and coming back to Canada for 21 days just to close a bureaucratic loop is not ideal. What if five years go by? Is that okay?

Thanks for any guidance.

crispy

Re: Statute of limitations on PR card renewal?

Post by crispy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Folks,

Is anyone willing to answer this question (or to hazard a guess)?

It's surely surely a relatively common question that would be good to commit to text for general reference and even to add to this site's FAQ?

Thanks for any thoughts.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Statute of limitations on PR card renewal?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm

We don't have many members at all who are knowledgeable on Canadian immigration issues. There are only about 4 that I am aware of and they are not regular visitors to the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.