ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying in Canada as a Business Visitor

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zehqir
Newly Registered

Staying in Canada as a Business Visitor

Post by Zehqir » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi,

I recently married my partner who is a Canadian citizen and we are in the process of getting together and submitting our spouse application for me for Canada. I am a British Citizen and was wondering the following, can I travel to Canada and spend time with my partner for a 3 months at a time as a Business Visitor? I wouldn't be taking any job from the Canadian Labour Force and would continue to work for my UK company remotely while staying in Canada. I wouldn't be stepping onsite to any Canadian business and the moment the application is approved I would be applying for the Canadian branch of my company as it's the same brand but seen as a separate entity.

With this in mind would I be correct in assuming that I wouldn't need a work permit as I won't be working for a Canadian company or taking away from the labour force?

Regards,

Zaq

Zehqir
Newly Registered

Re: Staying in Canada as a Business Visitor

Post by Zehqir » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:06 pm

I based my understanding on the 'Business Visitor' section on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-business.asp