Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Study Permit or Visitor's visa

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Study Permit or Visitor's visa

Post by whatislove » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm from India and the Canadian visa system has been abused to the max so often in my country that I am having doubts about my own chances when it comes to obtaining a temporary visitor's visa. I'd like to visit a few university campuses in Canada to get a feel for how studying there would be like, but the tourist visa application makes me sweat. I need to show them confirmed flight details (both ways), hotel booking, three months of bank statement, employment details (I've only been at my current job for a month), and letter from my company stating I've been granted a vacation. I'm 30 years old. I'm thinking, is it better to ask for a study permit instead? I'd rather apply for a more expensive trip than risk denial.

Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 am
Location: italy

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:45 pm

If you can afford to study abroad, I would assume your financial backing should be more than adequate to convince the Embassy that you won't be begging on Canadian street corners as many Canadians are now doing. You've been granted a "vacation" after working for one month? I can see the red flags going up already at the Embassy. I would leave that bit out!