ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

trouble

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sohail

trouble

Post by sohail » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:15 pm

Iam a Pakistani national. I applied for "permanant residence in Canada" from Turkey in March 2000. I had a wife and a son that time. Now after 4 years of waiting I got an interview call from Canadian Embassy Turkey.
I am unable to go to Turkey at all with my wife and four kids.
Is there any possibility that I can be interviewed in Pakistan?
How can be the case transferred to Pakistan?
Please advise me what i should do?

Thanks
Sohail

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:04 pm

1. AFAIK you/ principal applicant must attend the interview - an exemption can be made for the dependent spouse for compelling reasons so you can request for such. My understanding is that your dependent children are not required to attend the interview. You say you had a wife and son then - where are they now?

2. You must attend the interview at the visa post processing your application. The only way to get an interview at a different post is if you transfer your file. This required you to pay a 100 CAN fee and your file goes to the bottom of the pile at the new post. Only thing is that file transfers are no longer possible under the current Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. It may be your case as it is being processed under the previous immigration act is eligible for a transfer. Enquire from the embassy in Turkey if this is possible.

3. It is in your best interests to go for the interview in Turkey if obtaining a Turkish visa is not an an issue.

sohail

Post by sohail » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:17 pm

Thanks KAY for your detailed reply. Your reply relaxed me for the time being.

When I applied for immigration, I had a son and wife. Now I have a wife with 4 kids in FOUR YEARS :roll: She gave birth to twin daughters a month ago. I am unable to travel to Turkey with 5 family members.
OK I am contanting Canadian Embassy in Turkey.

Thanks once again!!!