ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK-ILR / Canadian-FSWP

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Devil81
Mood:

UK-ILR / Canadian-FSWP

Post by Devil81 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi folks,

I know this post may not be appropriate in the UK forum but I wanted to get the answer for my UK immigration related query.

I’m currently in U.K on Tier 1 (general) and my ILR is due early next year. In the meantime I also plan to apply for Canadian Immigration under Express Entry system (FSWP).
I have got all the necessary documents and points required for express entry system. My ECA has been done and my IELTS score is L:7, R:7, W:7.5 and S:8 which makes me eligible to apply.

If I apply for Canadian Immigration now does it affect my status in the U.K? I intend to apply to CIC but not intending to move immediately until I get my U.K ILR done.
Do you see any issues with that?

Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK-ILR / Canadian-FSWP

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 pm

You would lose ILR after two years from leaving the UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks Wanderer

I agree with your response and I am very well aware of this situation. My best bet would then be to apply for citizenship first and then move on. That does mean that I will have to wait longer to apply for Canadian residence.

I have posted a query on the Canadian forum as well. Can I get a response on that.

Cheers.

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:48 pm

For Fsw visa IELTS is must for uk citizens?