ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wage rate requirement--Apply for EE Federal Skilled Worker

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vivian Fung
Newly Registered

Wage rate requirement--Apply for EE Federal Skilled Worker

Post by Vivian Fung » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:05 am

I am in Vancouver want to apply for permanent resident through International Post Graduate under EEBC stream & Federal Skilled Worker Program.
From Express Entry British Columbia Program Guide, I found that there is a statement regarding wage. “Your employer must offer you a wage that meets the market wage rate and working conditions that meet the regulatory standards for the position.”
I am working as a Construction Estimator (NOC 2234) with wage rate as $17.23/h right now. But I found that the minimum wage rate for Construction Estimator in BC is $19.23/h. I wonder if I can apply through this program even though my wage rate is not higher than the BC minimum wage rate. I think I am qualified for all the other requirements for Federal Skilled Worker Program and BCPNP.

My question is: Does my wage has to be higher than the BC minimum wage rate if I want to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program under Express Entry?

Thanks so much!