ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my chances of getting a visa?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jodtho
Newly Registered

What are my chances of getting a visa?

Post by Jodtho » Wed May 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi there,

I was hoping someone would take the time to give me a little bit of advice, or words of wisdom from their experiences.

My brother and sister, with their respective partners and children, are in the process of applying for visas to emmigrate to Canada.
I am hoping to join them in the process, but would like to get some advice first.

My situation is: I'm 34 and divorced. I have 8 years teaching secondary school English experience, in the UK, with a 2:1 degree in English and QTS. I am currently not working but have savings of £100k approximately.

I would like to open a hair salon in Canada and employ my sister and sister in law (both of whom are experienced in this field) and offer English tutoring/proofreading/editorial services as well. I have a personal income of about £1400 per month, which would travel to Canada with me.

Should I apply for a self-employed visa? Or a different type of visa? How long are the applications taking at the moment? How likely am I to be granted a visa?

Any help, advise, information would be very gratefully accepted.

Thank you all in advance.

J xxx