ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holiday visa extension

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dozen
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Working Holiday visa extension

Post by Dozen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:02 pm

I am in Canada on 1 year working holiday visa (currently 2 months in Canada) . I am having interview for a company I really want to work for on Monday. At some point during an interview I will have to tell them that my visa is temporary. And I really want to get that job so I have tell them how I plan to extend that visa. Now I have been looking into possibilities. Now I know you cannot extend WH visa (or so they say). So one of the possibilities is Young Professionals visa, but the quota is almost used for 2018. Other possibilities is express entry, but I do not really know what chances I have there. My occupation is Data Analyst, so it is a skilled job. But will I get enough points? The best possibility would be the company sponsoring me, but I am not sure if they will be willing to pay the costs. The thing is I do not want to lose that interview because of my temporary residency. I have to have something to offer them. I must say I am a bit lost in all the immigration possibilities/impossibilities.

Johnsilva
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Re: Working Holiday visa extension

Post by Johnsilva » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Trying to figure out the best way to remain in Canada is probably something you need to discuss with an immigration professional. Depending on your background and where you want to live, there may be a number of viable options. If staying in Canada is something you're serious about, you should consider getting language testing and having your education assessed now, so it won't delay an application later.
For the interview, I guess all you can say is that you believe you have a good shot at Express Entry without an LMIA and are currently scheduling something with a lawyer to see how it can happen.

Dozen
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dozen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:04 pm

thanks so much for your advise. I am from the Czech Republic and currently residing in Ottawa. I will tell them what you recommend during the interview and if it works out I will start working on EE asap

Johnsilva
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Johnsilva » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

So CETA definitely covers certain skilled professions but you'd have to talk to a lawyer to see if you can get a work permit through it.

Dozen
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying for expess entry?

Post by Dozen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Is it possible to apply for express entry while in Canada as a visitor?

Johnsilva
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Re: Applying for expess entry?

Post by Johnsilva » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Yes, as long as you qualify under the programs listed through express entry.

Dozen
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dozen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 pm

is it possible to be selected within 6 mos?

Johnsilva
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Johnsilva » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:08 pm

That will depend on your express entry score and if you qualify under a certain program. Scores get updated roughly every month.