ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 Hours Child Care - Spouse on FLR (M)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NeelP
Newly Registered

Post by NeelP » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am

Hi All,

I am in a similar situation where I have an ILR (citizenship application in process) and my spouse is currently FLR(M) as well as our son who turned 3 in Oct 2017. I applied for and got 30 hours child care allowance. I provided details of both our incomes, jobs, NI etc.

Please someone can confirm if I should not be entitled to 30 hours and if I am not, can I login via govt gateway and stop this arrangement? I recall I read through the guidance regarding 30 hours and did not see the eligibility mentioned regarding public funds anywhere.

Many Thanks,
Neel.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

I have split your post to its own topic from this one (click)

As your spouse has No recourse to public funds, my understanding is that you do not qualify for the 30 hours free child care.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 30 Hours Child Care - Spouse on FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:02 am

See topic link below which contains links to the rules/requirements.

claiming-benefits-f38/30-hours-childcar ... 40971.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.