ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apprenticeships- No Recourse to Public Funds

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daku
Albania

Apprenticeships- No Recourse to Public Funds

Post by daku » Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi All,

My wife is currently on a spouse visa but she wants to do an apprenticeship. Can someone confirm whether this is considered a public fund considering there is training involved. I know there is some kind of rule about being in the country for 3 years before you are considered a 'native' student. She is currently studying ESOL and she did pay for this course.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apprenticeships- No Recourse to Public Funds

Post by CR001 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:52 pm

The 3 year rule and ILR holder refers to Student Finance for university.

Why is she studying ESOL??

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daku
Albania

Re: Apprenticeships- No Recourse to Public Funds

Post by daku » Thu May 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for the link CR001 however it didn't contain any information about apprenticeships. Having spoken to the Apprenticeships Helpline they have referred me to the document below page (53) . The 3 year rule is mentioned here again. They said she should be eligible for it. She will reach 3 years in October.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... der_v6.pdf

She is studying ESOL to improve her English of course. This should enable her to complete a course or get a job. It's not like IELTS gets you anywhere.