ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nirshru17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Benefits

Post by Nirshru17 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:58 am

Hi
I and my son entered UK in Dec 2015 and now have to apply for extension FLR(m) in August 18. My husband is on ILR and I had a daughter in nov 16 who is a British citizen.
My husband has been claiming child benefit for my daughter. But in April 2018 while filling up a form for child tax credit for her, we had to mention our son on the form and got a letter from child tax credit office asking why we haven’t been claiming funds for our son. As we were not aware that we can do this, we started claiming child benefit for my son( in husbands name) and tax credit (in both our names). But now our tax credit has been stopped as our household income crossed the threshold but we are still getting child benefit for both. So my question is:
1 can there be a problem in my son’s visa extension based on our claim for benefits
2. There is a page in FLR m form which asks about benefits and who is claiming them. So as now www are not getting any child tax credit, should I tick the particular column or not?
Thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 am

No problem as your husband is claiming for both children. It is not your son claiming.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nirshru17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Benefits

Post by Nirshru17 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 am

My bad. I read other posts after posting the question. I understand now that claiming benefits is not a problem.
Thank you for your reply. But can you please guide me that whether I should tick the column of child tax credit on the form as we are now no longer receiving it but received just for one month which was back dated as well.
Thank you