ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits - wife on FLR(M)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Barich9
Newly Registered
Greece

Benefits - wife on FLR(M)

Post by Barich9 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi there,

I was granted FLR just a couple of months ago. My husband is British citizen and which makes my daughter British. I recently just applied for DLA for our daughter which was accepted and they have just started paying me as her appointed guardian but, I read on this forum that it will affect my application for ILR which i will be applying for in 2020. Do I withdraw my claim ? Do i have to pay them back ? And also the child benefit is also in my name, can i transfer it to my husband? If i stop the claim , do i have to disclose in 2020 when applying for my ILR??
PLEASSS HELP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits - wife on FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 am

Which category of 'FLR' do you hold? There is more than one type.

You are not permitted to claim child benefits. Your husband should be claiming. Probably the same re DLA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.