ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manibest
Newly Registered

Claiming Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit after ILR

Post by manibest » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 pm

HI,

Both me and my wife had our ILR in September 2017. We will apply for nationality and passport in September 2018.
We have two children. I have already applied for and now receiving Child benefit for both children.

Question 1: Can I (or my wife) apply for Child Tax Credit for both children as well?

Question: If we apply and start receiving both benefits (Child Benefit and child Tax Credit), Would it effect our application for nationality and Passport in September 2018?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claiming Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit after ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Question 1: Can I (or my wife) apply for Child Tax Credit for both children as well?
Yes.
Question: If we apply and start receiving both benefits (Child Benefit and child Tax Credit), Would it effect our application for nationality and Passport in September 2018?
No it won't affect your citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.