ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Temporary Housing. British Husband and Kids. Wife on Spouse Visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kaysie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Council Temporary Housing. British Husband and Kids. Wife on Spouse Visa

Post by Kaysie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello Friends,

May i please request for your advice, I'm british. My daughter and son are british.
I applied for council house then, We were placed in temporary accomodation since sept 2015. I applied as the main applicant with my daughter and wife. (we had our son in oct 2016)

My wife is due to apply for an extension of FLR M.

My question is that, will the social housing affect my wife's FLR M application? As i intend to include our tenancy agreement from the council in her application/
Also, I can't find the actual tenancy agreement. I called the council to send me one but they only sent me a photocopy.
Will that suffice for the application please?

Your precious advice will be heartly appreciated.
Thank you and God bless

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Council Temporary Housing. British Husband and Kids. Wife on Spouse Visa

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Kaysie wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm
Hello Friends,

May i please request for your advice, I'm british. My daughter and son are british.
I applied for council house then, We were placed in temporary accomodation since sept 2015. I applied as the main applicant with my daughter and wife. (we had our son in oct 2016)

My wife is due to apply for an extension of FLR M.

My question is that, will the social housing affect my wife's FLR M application? As i intend to include our tenancy agreement from the council in her application/
Also, I can't find the actual tenancy agreement. I called the council to send me one but they only sent me a photocopy.
Will that suffice for the application please?

Your precious advice will be heartly appreciated.
Thank you and God bless
As long as you applied in your name (main applicant), you should be fine. Any benefits you apply, must be in your name and not under the person under immigration control unless they aren't prohibited from claiming public funds.

Also, you can ask the council to backup the photocopy with either a letter confirming the name and people living in the property as well as certifying the photocopy is a true extract copy.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm

You can only qualify for Social Housing as a single person with children, although all household income will be considered to determine eligibility.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kaysie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kaysie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Thank you.
After my wife came in on Spouse Visa, I lost my job and couldnt keep up with the rent and we lost our home.
So we wnet the homeless route as we both not working. shortly after we were given temporary accomodation, my wife landed a £27,000 full time job.
So, she's working while I stay home with the kids.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:46 pm

I'm pleased things have improved for you.

Are the Local Authority aware that your wife has no recourse to Public funds and of her current earnings.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kaysie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kaysie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 am

Yes, they are aware she has no recourse to public funds and they are now aware of her earnings but they said the house was given to me and as I'm not working. It shouldn't cause any chaos.
Our rent is £206.89 weekly and we pay this without claiming any benefits except child benefit and this is in my name only.

Tinsim
Newly Registered

Post by Tinsim » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi Kaysie,, any update OF your wife’s spouse visa Extension while you are in a council house? Is her visa succesfull?

NeneT
Newly Registered

Post by NeneT » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Please update us on the result of FLM application