ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disability Benifits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

July2086
Newly Registered
Bhutan

Work permitted and house renting problem

Post by July2086 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi everyone,
Im on spouse visa, just arrived here in UK
Im gonna take the BRP at the post office next week
My husband is disabled, hes gona claim housing benifit to get a house. I know that the housing benifit will pay all for him, I just wonder if I have to pay any to live at the house ( I have to pay a half of the renting )?
And once more thing. I need apply insurance number first so that I can work anywhere in UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work permitted and house renting problem

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 pm

He will get housing benefit he qualifies for. You might have to pay something or nothing. No one can tell you as we dont know your circumstances etc.

Yes you need a national insurance number first to be able to work.

If you work, any or some benefits your husband qualifies for is likely to be based on taking your salary into account.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

July2086
Newly Registered
Bhutan

Disability Benifits

Post by July2086 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello everyone,
I have question,
Can someone knows clear about this please answear , the question is: Will the income of a spouse ( on spouse visa ) affect their partners' Disability Benifits? ( DLA, PIP)? How much affect it is?
Example : The spouse's income £500-£700 per week
Thank you :)