ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible to claim JSA?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

peti2006
Newly Registered

Eligible to claim JSA?

Post by peti2006 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm holding ILR and my husband is holding FLR(m) dependent visa, we got 2 years old British citizen child.

Can my husband claim Job Seeker Allowance (with his FLR-m)? He is actively looking for jobs and have NI number. I'm working full-time job, earning 48K annual.

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Eligible to claim JSA?

Post by Casa » Wed May 30, 2018 7:25 pm

He is only entitled to claim Contribution Based Job Seekers Allowance and this will depend on whether he has made sufficient Class 1 National Insurance payments.

Income Based JSA is a Public fund, to which which he has no entitlement to while under FLR(M).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

peti2006
Newly Registered

Re: Eligible to claim JSA?

Post by peti2006 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:25 pm
He is only entitled to claim Contribution Based Job Seekers Allowance and this will depend on whether he has made sufficient Class 1 National Insurance payments.

Income Based JSA is a Public fund, to which which he has no entitlement to while under FLR(M).
Thanks a lot. It's useful.