ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Free 15 or 30 Hours Child Care/ Montessori Nurseries

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Free 15 or 30 Hours Child Care/ Montessori Nurseries

Post by Everyday4u » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Dear Members

I am sorry if This question may have been ask few times before.

I am ILR Holder and have one child who recently came to UK on (Family Member Dependent Visa as my child) with my wife is on Spouse VISA. Both of them has NRPF (No Resource to Public Fund) condition.

I am full time employed but my wife is not working. I know every child in UK qualifies for 15 hours Free Child care per week irrespective of his immigration status, (please correct me if i am wrong).

But when someone claims 30 Hours Free Child care per week, does he needs to be on one of Public benefit or must be on low income to claim it? I am confused in it. I would appreciate if someone please shed some light on it. Thank you.

nasir639

Re: Free 15 or 30 Hours Child Care/ Montessori Nurseries

Post by nasir639 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi,

If both parents see working 16 hours a week and earning min wage then you can claim 30 hours. There are other schemes too, I would suggest you to ask the nursery for information. Also gov.uk has plenty of info on their website.

I hope this helps.