ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

housing benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paru.org
India

housing benefit

Post by paru.org » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:50 pm

hi

i have ILR , my wife is on FLR M, have 2 kids,
can we apply for Housing benefit?
has it to be in joint name like CTC?
will it effect her future FLR M application?

Casa

Re: housing benefit

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Entitlement to Housing Benefit will be calculated at the single person rate + children, although ALL household income must be declared and will be taken into consideration.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mrere

Post by Mrere » Fri May 18, 2018 8:56 am

Many thanks Casa for your response.
I have no idea whether the housing benefits were calculated for me only or for my wife and I, I will contact the housing department today and fined out.
In a worst case scenario, if it was calculated for us as a couple, can they rectify the error and I pay back the difference amount! Would this cause any issue on my wife’s renewal even though we didn’t know!
Please let me know.
Thanks

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Tue May 22, 2018 10:04 pm

from HOUSING BENEFIT letter I didn't understood IS IT FOR BOTH OF US OR ONLY MYSELF,
THEY WROTE" TOTAL APPLICABLE AMOUNT:£248.65">>
young person under 11 *2 : £133.80
COUPLE - ONE 18 TO PENSION AGE £114.85 >>
IS THIS AMOUNT FOR ONLY 1 PERSON OR BOTH of us ? AS IT SAYS ( ONE 18 TO PENSION AGE) >>please ANY ADVICE.

MY WIFE HAS nrpf.

thx
Mrere wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:56 am
Many thanks Casa for your response.
I have no idea whether the housing benefits were calculated for me only or for my wife and I, I will contact the housing department today and fined out.
In a worst case scenario, if it was calculated for us as a couple, can they rectify the error and I pay back the difference amount! Would this cause any issue on my wife’s renewal even though we didn’t know!
Please let me know.
Thanks