ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOUSING BENEFIT WITH 13 YEAR OLD

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahoong
Newly Registered

HOUSING BENEFIT WITH 13 YEAR OLD

Post by sahoong » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 am

Sir/Ma,

I applied for my son who is 13 years old from outside the UK. He was given indefinite leave to enter but I want to know if despite the fact that I signed Financial undertakings Form that I wont claim benefits on him for the next 5 years, whether i can include him with my housing application in order to get additional room for him? Will I be breaking any law if I do this?

Please, advice me.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Sah

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: HOUSING BENEFIT WITH 13 YEAR OLD

Post by JB007 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:07 pm

sahoong wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 am
Sir/Ma,

I applied for my son who is 13 years old from outside the UK. He was given indefinite leave to enter but I want to know if despite the fact that I signed Financial undertakings Form that I wont claim benefits on him for the next 5 years, whether i can include him with my housing application in order to get additional room for him? Will I be breaking any law if I do this?

Please, advice me.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Sah
I have no idea what your financial undertatking means, but Housing Benefit and it's replacement benefit called Universal Credit, are public funds.

If you can claim benefits for him, this might trigger a move to Universal Credit under natural migration to that benefit. You might want to check what that will mean for you, not only for benefit money but the amount you will be expected to earn each week and what you are expected to do for benefit money. Everybody who wants low income benefits on Universal Credit, have to sign a Claimant Commitment.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... commitment

The CAB can do a benefits check for you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: HOUSING BENEFIT WITH 13 YEAR OLD

Post by JB007 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Also, the UK has a 2 child limit for low income based benefits.