ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application-Direct payments for carers

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grenland7862

ILR Application-Direct payments for carers

Post by grenland7862 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Dear Members,

I forwarded ILR application few weeks ago along my dependents under Tier 1 Entrepreneur,i would be grateful if anyone can clarify these queries:-

My mother came to see me and my brothers in 2015( all family members settled in UK, she regularly used to visit UK for past 20 years) , unfortunately 15 days before her departure date she suffered two severe ischemic strokes resulted severe physical and neurological disabilities.She discharged from hospital after 6 months and decided to stay with me ( because she is emotionally very close with me) ,we then applied to change her visitor visa to exceptional leave and still waiting for the decision.
One year later she suffered 3rd stroke that made her disabilities worse and loss of limited eye vision.

I & my wife have been struggling to take care her as we also need to manage our business and children.

Local council initially used to sent carers for my mother but due to language barrier my mother was not getting the proper help then council offered me Direct Payments and advised us to arrange carers from our local community and make payments from direct payment funds through payroll.my mother's social worker also advised my wife resign current job and become carer of my mother.
I hired 3 carers (inducing my wife) and mostly paid from direct payments funds and some time contributed personal money if funds are low.

Few months later social worker did carer assessment of my whole family and found that we need extra few hours to manage my mother's caring responsibilities.

Social worker clarified that direct payments are not benefits as this is usually paid to carers through payroll and carer services have nothing to do with immigration.

We refused to apply carer allowance as suggested by social worker because we have no recourse to public funds.

Council also gave me 20% discount on council tax ( as disable person living with us) but few months later i requested to cancel the discount and paying full council tax since then.

We are not claiming any benefits.

Can anyone clarify me that care assessment and managing carer of my disable mother are not benefits that would effect ILR.

Please also clarify about council tax discount scheme due to disable individual ?

Many thanks