ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Style JSA and Casual Work

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faughan
Newly Registered

New Style JSA and Casual Work

Post by faughan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi! I lost my permanent job recently and applied for new style JSA. I attended an interview a couple of days ago and was told to come back every 2 weeks to see my adviser.

I'm also in three casual work lists for different roles within the same company, but haven't been called in the past ten months. Today I got a call from that company asking me if I'm still interested in those roles. It was a strange call and it was almost 8pm. I know the person I was talking to, she's also a casual worker, and she acted strange, she was very serious when she's always very bubbly and asked me one by one if I'm still interested in that positions and also described the roles that I clearly know very well, as I've been working there for the past 5 years. It was obvious that she was reading the questions and every time I answered, I could hear the manager telling her 'asked her this...', etc. The whole thing was bizarre. I said 'no' to one, as it's only 2 hours on Saturday night and no point of going to make £15, when the taxis are going to costs me £20. Anyway, I'm now freaking out in case they were contacting me because they got a call from the Job Centre, and I said 'no' to one of the roles, as if I say yes, I'm going to lose monies in taxis..

I have never claimed benefits before and was wondering how it works if I'm called to work one day. Can I say 'no' if the job is far away and at night, not having own transport? Do I need to contact the benefits office? Would I lose the New Style JSA if I work one or two days a week? Thanks!