ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU having 5 year residence as a family member of EEA claiming benefits after separation

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lana81
Newly Registered
Belarus

Non EU having 5 year residence as a family member of EEA claiming benefits after separation

Post by Lana81 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:32 am

Hello, just need some urgent advice please... 4 years ago I married the EEA citizen in the UK and was granted a 5 year residence card, unfortunately because of domestic violence I want to leave my husband. I have two kids and when I tried to leave him two years ago and was placed in a B&B emergency by council started getting child benefits. Don’t really want to go back to a refugee or similar but struggling to save money to be able to rent Smth better than that for the kids. I am employed but the income is insufficient, will I be entitled to get tax credits or housing benefits? Will appreciate your advice! Thanks

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Non EU having 5 year residence as a family member of EEA claiming benefits after separation

Post by Wise » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm

If you have been going through domestic abuse, have left your half, i e divorce or you're still trying to? If the answer is no then you still need to sort yourself out before your 5 RC finishes by applying for retain right of residence to complete your journey with evidence of the abuse you've stated.

Did the kids hold EU passport? If yes that might help your journey by miles. If you don't do anything now you may be stuck. As to regard the benefits. You can applying CB,CTC and not HB as this might be use against you in future by HO. Act now before it is too late on domestic issue unless you can get your spouse employment paperwork to qualify for your PR later.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.