Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and child benefit???

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 am
United States of America

Re: Spouse Visa and child benefit???

Post by Nivie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Out of interest, I am in the process of completing the online form for FLR(M) and unlike question 7.6 of the paper version that asks ' Are you or your sponsor receiving any public funds' including Child Support etc, this question is not asked on the online form.

Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Spouse Visa and child benefit???

Post by kmaxie18 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Use whichever route you prefer, but if it is asked make sure you disclose it..

I have it on good accord that as long as ONE partner in the marriage is eligible to apply (who is either ILR or British national) ... the other partner with NRPF is fine to claim the CHB in their name.. ofcourse, provided BOTH your details are on the claim form..

With CHB there are exceptions that apply as far as claiming it as a Public Fund -- so make sure you indeed fall into the exception category else it could have an effect.

Post Reply