ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax credit and child credit after signing the UNDERTAKING FORM SU07/12

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Riad82
Newly Registered

Tax credit and child credit after signing the UNDERTAKING FORM SU07/12

Post by Riad82 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Dear Sirs,

I am an ILR holder sponsoring my wife and child with spouse and dependent visa respectively. When I applied for them to join me in the UK I signed the UNDERTAKING FORM SU07/12 FOR Both of them. I am working full time. I would like to apply for tax credit and child credit on my name as I am an ILR holder. I know that it will not affect the sponsored residence renewal, however in the undertaking form it states that I should be responsible for their maintenance, accommodation and care without recourse to public funds and i could be in trouble if I do not comply. Could someone help and answer if I can claim on my name without getting in trouble. The form can be seen at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-su07.

Regards,
Riad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tax credit and child credit after signing the UNDERTAKING FORM SU07/12

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:37 am

Not sure why you completed the SU07 form as it is NOT required for a spouse/child visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Riad82
Newly Registered

Post by Riad82 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Now that I filled it and sent it with the applications. Is there a solution where I could send an email explaining that it was sent by error. Or can I just apply for benefit as I shouldn't have sent it at the first place.

Regards,
Riad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am

I cannot answer your question. You signed a form declaring you will provide for your family without public funds. Whether this effects their future applications (you have to claim tax credits in JOINT names with your spouse and declare it for extension and ILR), I don't know, but you can be sure that HO will have a record of the declaration you have signed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Riad82
Newly Registered

Post by Riad82 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:22 am

Hi,

Thanks, does anyone have the answer?

Regards,
Riad