ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent ! non eu wife of Brit cit receiving child benefit . is it going to affect her application ?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chaoscontrol
Latvia

Urgent ! non eu wife of Brit cit receiving child benefit . is it going to affect her application ?

Post by chaoscontrol » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi I am sorry for posting that question here, I already asked for advice in EEA section but for some weird reason nobody answered to me (probably because the `subject was about different thing .. Then I realised there is `benefits` section and as I am Britsh/EU Dual citizen I should probably been asking here first .. I also been searching through this forum but can`t find the same situation as ours ..
here is the link to my topic` in EEA section :
eea-route-applications/pr-application-f ... 49117.html
I hope moderators will correct me on where this question should be posted ?
The problem is :

The Child benefit is on my wifes name , our 1.5 year old son is British citizen , wife - non eu . Her 5 year Residence document coming to the end and she will need to apply for Permanent Resident card in March this year .
She been working last 3 years out of 5 with no gaps of more than 6 months and still working now . I am also working last 10 years non stop with no gaps .

Question :
will Child benefit somehow affect her PR application ? If yes - is it worth/possible to change it to my name now quickly and then apply for PR ? Do that could make any difference ?

Please advice anybody ! it is very important for us as there is not many time left !
Thousands thank you in advance . Appreciate your time and effort to help me on this beautiful forum .

Casa

Re: Urgent ! non eu wife of Brit cit receiving child benefit . is it going to affect her application ?

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 am

Child Benefit MUST be claimed in your name only.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chaoscontrol
Latvia

Re: Urgent ! non eu wife of Brit cit receiving child benefit . is it going to affect her application ?

Post by chaoscontrol » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 am

Casa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 am
Child Benefit MUST be claimed in your name only.
Thank you Casa for clarifying this , so it does not matter that my wife been working last 3 years and works now ?
I would appreciate if you could advice on : what we can do now in our situation ? her PR application will be refused because Child benefit is on her name ? is it possible to change it to my name ? If yes - is it going to make any difference or its too late now ?

Thank you .

Unluckyeea2

Post by Unluckyeea2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 am

Hi chaoscontrol ,
Yes it is possible to change in you name .just call them and explain the situation that you want child benefit on your name . I am not sure yo can do it online . Just contact them . Thanks for sharing stories .

Ken_nek
Newly Registered
Laos

Post by Ken_nek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Chaoscontrol
What happened to your wife's application? Is it granted?

Thanks