ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Tax Credits Claim

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ross1978
Newly Registered

Working Tax Credits Claim

Post by Ross1978 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi guys,

I would be most grateful for some advice.

My wife and I have recently relocated back to the UK from Indonesia. I'm British and wife is Indonesian. She is on a visit visa at the moment but will go back to Indonesia in April to make the spouse visa application. I work full time here in the UK, my wife stays at home with our baby boy.

I want to make a working tax credit claim. I have to make a joint application because i'm married. we sent our passports in and now they have wrote to my wife saying she needs to get a NI number for them to procede with the application.

We are very wary about going for this even though I really want to claim what is rightfully my money. We are worried how it would effect her first spouse visa application and thinking we should just wait till she gets her first spouse visa.

Can anyone help us please.

Thank you.

Ross

Casa

Re: Working Tax Credits Claim

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Wait until she is here under a Spouse visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ross1978
Newly Registered

Re: Working Tax Credits Claim

Post by Ross1978 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi,

The working tax credits people called me and I explained our situation and they assured me it's ok for me to make a claim and that they just need my wife to make a temporary NI card so we can claim. They have already had my wifes passport sent to them.

We made the claim and got some much needed money which will help go towards the huge cost of my wife making the spouse visa next month. Flights back to Indonesia, the huge cost of the application, english tests,tb tests etc.

Hope we will be ok.