ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 Free Hours Child Care and Child Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faridds
Newly Registered
India

30 Free Hours Child Care and Child Benefit

Post by faridds » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:04 am

Hi All

I have recently received my ILR on Tier 2 G route, my wife and three years old daughter are on Tier 2 Dependent visa valid till October 2021. My wife would be eligible for ILR in April 2022 and I am looking to apply for my daughter’s British passport ASAP. I have got below question

1. Since my wife and daughter are subject to NRPF, can I still apply for Child Care 30 Free Hours and Child Benefit on my name? Or do I have to wait until my wife gets her ILR or my daughter gets her British Passport.

Any advise / suggestion would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Adam17

Re: 30 Free Hours Child Care and Child Benefit

Post by Adam17 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:57 pm

I am also in the same boat, just got my ILR, my wife will apply in the next 3 weeks for her ILR while my son will apply to register as a british citizen in 3 weeks time, but i am keen to apply for the 30hrs now so i could get the code and start claiming the 30 hrs from 1st Jan.

Based on my research and the partial application i started for the 30 hrs, its seems one parent with IRL can claim, and the partner info is only needed to check income. The application only ask the main applicant if "Entitled to public funds?"

I also read this online on wmimmigration website

"Can I claim any benefits if my partner is on a spouse visa? – Their visa says No Recourse to Public funds

If you have Indefinite Leave to Remain or British Citizenship then your able to claim any benefits you are entitled to as long as your migrant partner or children will not increase the amount of benefits you are receiving. For instance if you are already receiving £200 per week in benefits and after your partner in added to the equation your benefits do not increase then you have no problems claiming your entitled benefits. It is important to understand that when you apply for benefits they will be in the British or ILR holders name, but the application must be filed to show that the migrant partner is part of the household as their income etc. must be taken into account.

Common questions applicants have when considering no recourse to public funds for their UK visa application

Q: I’m a British citizen or have ILR and I claimed working and child tax credits plus child benefit. Will this affect my partners ILR application?

A: No, this will not affect your partner’s application as you are entitled to these benefits as a British or settled person in the UK."

But will be keen to hear from the other guys here.

Sinan87

Re: 30 Free Hours Child Care and Child Benefit

Post by Sinan87 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:21 pm

Hello, Please could you update whether you applied for 30 hours free childcare and was it successful?

Kind Regards