ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mustafa23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

About

Post by mustafa23 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 pm

Hi I'm Mustafa I have bipolar disorders.i m having universal credit 1426 pountt.im paying for a one room 700 point.im.not able to work ; I can get sick note as well.i would to get a flat ; I live in a room which is effective my mood.i found a flat 1500 pount. Would you think universal credit will pay my rent or not.i applied for pip I'm waiting for result and I think I will get pass the assessment as well. Should I get the flat ?plz let me know thank you so much.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: About

Post by JB007 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:57 am

Benefit money towards housing costs often don't pay all the rent as they only pay up to the 30th percentile of rents in the area, for the room allowance the claimant is allowed to have. Then they apply any deductions due, to arrive at the amount given for the housing element (of Universal Credit) for that month.

If you are allowed to claim public funds, you can ask a CAB benefits advisor to carry out a benefit calculation for you.