ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice pls after receiving BRP card

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tabz72
Newly Registered

Tax credits stopped after approval- Urgent help pls

Post by Tabz72 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before..

Need advice pls, my wife obtained her permit card a few weeks ago (thank god) and it said she had no public funds available to her.

I was told by my council that as she is living with me I need to inform HMRC as I was receiving child and working tax credit as a single parent and it wouldn’t be a problem.

So after I spoke to HMRC they immediately stopped my payments and told me to apply for universal credit in joint name with my wife.

I would like to know will this affect any future applications for my wife because anow I’m stuck and don’t know what to do..

Thanks

Tabz72
Newly Registered

Advice pls after receiving BRP card

Post by Tabz72 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:11 pm

I am British and my wife just received her BRP card with no public funds, does applying for universal credit jointly affect immigration status