ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Change of Conditions on BRP

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

THC18
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Applying for Change of Conditions on BRP

Post by THC18 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:47 am

I initially applied to the home office requesting that my NRPF conditions be lifted in May this year. This was shortly before my visa ran out. My application was rejected on the basis that although I am a single mother with no current income, I was receiving student loan payments and living with relatives so had a roof over my head.

I have since gone on to apply for my visa extension (flr(fp)) in July.

I want to ask whether I should appeal that decision or make a new application for change of conditions. My situation is dire as I no longer a student, unemployed, with a young child. I am being looked after by family members but that might not last very long as things are not rosy at the moment.

Please help. I spoke to a home office call handler who advised me to just wait for my visa extension to be granted and see what they give me but honestly I can’t wait for months in my current situation.