ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assisting disabled family member: eligibility for benefits on ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sm12
Diamond Member

Assisting disabled family member: eligibility for benefits on ILR?

Post by sm12 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:38 pm

My brother has been seriously ill and became disabled as a result of his illness. He got ILR though and because his illness is stopping him from returning to work, is he eligible to go on universal credit?
If he does apply, does that bar him from applying for citizenship in the future?
He is currently receiving funds from me and another family member to pay his bills but we can't afford to keep paying sadly.

Casa

Re: Assisting disabled family member: eligibility for benefits on ILR?

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:24 am

Now that your brother has ILR he is no longer under Immigration Control. Therefore there are no restrictions for claiming Public funds. This won't affect a British citizenship application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.