ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits and residence card application

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

puppyloves
Newly Registered

Benefits and residence card application

Post by puppyloves » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi, I’m hoping someone will be able to advise me on my situation as I’m a bit confused and my immigration lawyer doesn’t seem entirely sure either.
Basically we (my husband and I) recently sent in an application for a residence card for him. (I’m a brutish citizen and he is non-eea). We have done the biometrics and are now waiting on the certificate of application so he can work.
My question is in relation to benefits, eg child, jobseeker etc. If I (alone) claim or apply for benefits, will this affect my husband’s application in any way? Obviously I don’t want to jeopardize his application but at the same time our children are entitled as am I right?
I would really appreciate any insight on this.
Thanks

puppyloves
Newly Registered

Re: Benefits and residence card application

Post by puppyloves » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:48 pm

If anyone can help, please let me know. My immigration solicitors say they cannot advise me for some reason.