ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits/pregnant & spouse on visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KaylaMensah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Benefits/pregnant & spouse on visa

Post by KaylaMensah » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Hey,

I did use this site when my partner & myself were applying for him to join me in the UK after all went well I am in a lot of confusion & feel I should reach out before my head blows up so here goes.

My partner has been in the UK on a spouse visa since March 2018, we have also just found out I am pregnant & due in April 2020 :D
I am in a lot of worry as my partner cant claim public funds but im guessing I cant too? as we have to prove we can hold our selfs... I do earn more than my husband & his visa is up next year September 2020 so of course we would have to apply in June 2020? (If i claimed any benefits around this time they would see on my statements) now my question is we would probably not meet the financial requirements due to me having to take time off work just before & after giving birth... also would I be able to claim any sort of benefits to help us survive the time I am on maternity leave?

When I am working we survive no problem (but don't have savings) so of course with him earning less than me & me out of work im in a predicament as giving birth & applying for his further 2.5 years clashes.... :/

please any help advice would be massively appreciated

Kayla x

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Benefits/pregnant & spouse on visa

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:37 pm

KaylaMensah wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:11 pm
now my question is we would probably not meet the financial requirements due to me having to take time off work just before & after giving birth... also would I be able to claim any sort of benefits to help us survive the time I am on maternity leave
During your maternity leave you will definitely be earning maternity pay. Also if you will be earning sufficiently until the time you going to maternity leave then still you can use that income to meet the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.